When you try to install the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 on a computer that is running Windows 8 or Windows Server 2012, you receive error codes:
Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
Image Version: 6.2.9200.16384
The source files could not be found.
Use the “Source” option to specify the location of the files that are required t
o restore the feature. For more information on specifying a source location, see
The DISM log file can be found at C:\Windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log
This error code can occur when an alternative installation source is specified and one of the following conditions is true:
- The location that is specified by the path does not contain the files that are required to install the feature.
- The user who tries to install the feature does not have at least READ access to the location and to the files.
- The set of installation files is corrupted, incomplete, or invalid for the version of Windows that you are running.
but most of these problems are caused by the installation files is corrupted, incomplete, or invalid for the version of Windows that you are running. To resolve this problem:
- Download this file sxs http://www.mediafire.com/download/plx8myaejns8ux8/sxs.7z
- save and extract to drive C:
- Open Command Prompt / CMD (Run as administrator), right click on start (bottom left of the highlight and then right click) and select Command Prompt (Admin).
3. write on CMD
dism.exe /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFX3 /Source:c:\sxs /LimitAccess
After that, wait until the installation is completed to 100%. if it is 100% means it’s ready.
Hopefully this article can be useful, good luck ^_^